Massage Therapy is the practice of using touch to manipulate the soft tissue muscles of the body. It is performed for a variety of reasons, including treating painful ailments, decompressing tired and overworked muscles, reducing stress, rehabilitating sports injuries and promoting general health.
Clients often seek massage for its medical benefits and for relaxation purposes, and there is a wide range of massage treatments available.
Massage therapy is an integral addition to any alternative health care regimen adn an invaluable complement to overall wellness.
WHEN SHOULD YOU SEE A REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST?
The following are some of the reasons patients see their massage therapist regularly:
- Increase athletic performance
- Treatment of sports injury or prevention of sports injury
- After a motor vehicle accident, work injury or slip and fall
- Post surgery to aid with healing and restore mobility
- Increase flexibility and decrease muscle tension
- Help ease the discomfort with pregnancy and improve the pregnancy outcomes
- Improve circulation
- Decrease swelling
- Reduce stress and boost the immune system
- Reduce depression adn anxiety
DOES MASSAGE THERAPY TREATMENT REQUIRE MD REFERRAL?
You do not need a referral from your MD to see our massage therapists. However, most insurance companies require a prescription from your MD to reimburse you for your treatments. Please check with your insurance company first prior to your appointment.
Call Us Today To Book Your Massage!