Physiotherapists play an important role in health promotion and disease prevention by offering custom planned treatment protocols, therapeutic exercise plans and educational materials that is tailored to each patient's needs.
Our physiotherapists work with patient's of all ages treating conditions including pre and post surgery rehabiliation, chronic illness, work/sport and auto injuries.
Physiotherapy can help decrease pain, improve joint mobility, increase strength and coordination and increase overall functional ability.
WHEN SHOULD YOU SEE A PHYSIOTHERAPIST?
The following are some of the reasons why patients see their physiotherapist:
- Improve athletic performance
- Pre-surgery (examples are hip/knee replacement, shoulder/knee reconstruction surgeries, etc)
- Post-surgery to help recover faster and regain mobility, balance and strength
- Treat acute injuries of the ankle, knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, etc.
- Part of the chronic pain management team in the rehabilitation stage of the treatment.
- Treatments for injuries relating to motor vehicle accidents, sports, work or slip and fall.
DOES PHYSIOTHERAPY TREATMENT REQUIRE MD REFERRAL?
You do not require a referral from your MD to see our physiotherapists. However, most insurance companies require a referral from your MD to reimburse you for your treatment. We advise you to check with your insurance company if they do require a prescription prior to your initial assessment.