WHAT IS COLD LASER THERAPY?
Cold laser therapy is also called low level laser or light therapy. At Active-Med we have the top of the line unit (FDA and Health Canada approved), which utilizes a specific type of light to interact with the injured tissue. Light therapy has shown to be effective as a modality to promote healing, eliminate pain and treat variety of medical conditions.
IS COLD LASER SAFE?
Many studies have been done on laser technology to determine its efficacy and safety. All studies have shown laser to be non-invasive, non-toxic and non-thermal modality which makes it safe for tissue healing without side effects.
WHAT MEDICAL CONDITIONS ARE TREATED BY LASER THERAPY?
Cold laser therapy has been shown to be effective in treating the following medical conditions:
- Soft tissue and sports injuries (ligament/tendon tear, contusions, tendinitis, sprain/strains)
- Osteoarthritis/Degenerative Joint Disease
- Inflammatory arthritis (RA, AS, ES, etc)
- Disc herniations
- Tennis Elbow, Golfer's Elbow, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Rotator Cuff Tendinitis/Impingement
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Post Herpetic Neuralgia
- Chronic Pain Syndrome
BOOK YOUR CONSULT TO FIND OUT IF COLD LASER THERAPY IS BENEFICIAL FOR YOU.